NATA 2016 (National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2016) Exam Pattern/Syllabus and Exam Dates
NATA 2016 (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) Exam Pattern/Syllabus and Exam Dates
National Aptitude Test in Architecture popularly known as NATA 2016 is a national level entrance test in for taking admission into B.Arch Course in various institutes of India. The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2016 measures the aptitude of the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. The test measures Drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability, that have been acquired over a long period of time, and that are related to specific field of study i.e. Architecture.
NATA 2016 Test Pattern/Syllabus:
The Test is in 2 parts. A paper based drawing test and computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test.
Drawing Test :
This is a 2 hour paper where candidate has to attempt 3 questions. The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects :
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appearing manner.
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings.
- Sense of perspective drawing.
- Combining and composing given 3 dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating interesting 2 dimensional composition using given shapes and forms.
- Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition.
- Understanding of Scale and Proportions.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
Aesthetic Sensitivity Test :
This is computer based test where candidate has to answer 40 multiple choice questions.
The aesthetic sensitivity test measures perception, imagination and observation, creativity and communication along with architectural awareness and comprises of -
- Visualising three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
- Visualising different sides of three dimensional objects.
- Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities.
- Analytical reasoning.
- Mental Ability.
- Imaginative comprehension and expression.
- Architectural Awareness.
Exam Dates :
Exam Start : 1st April, 2016
Last Date of Exam : 20th August, 2016
Official Website : www.nata.in
NATA 2016 (National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2016) Exam Pattern/Syllabus and Exam Dates Reviewed by shiva a on 3:47 PM Rating: